Saturday Matt and I went to Bamberg. He had been to the PX there and I toured it with my SNAPS group but he hadn't seen the sights. We parked at the train station and walked the same route that my SNAPs class did. Thankfully I have a good visual memory and there are city maps every where! I showed him the market square where a farmer's market was going on. Ohhh we wish we had Euros!! Everything looked SO fresh and yummy! There was even a cart selling roasted chestnuts :-) We even looked in a few stores including a music store and an awesome shoe store! I'm going back there and getting myself some scrunchy black boots for only 19euros!Whoop! Matt was really impressed with St. Jakob's. He asked "Why do catholics have such big churches??" LoL he'll really like the church in Frankfurt when we go! Now THAT's a cathedral! He wasn't as impressed with the crypt like I was but he did think the Pope's body/sarcophagus from the 1500s was pretty cool!
After the tour around Bamberg which only took us 2 hours we started to head home. On the way out though we saw the Real store which used to be Walmart. Apparently all the Walmarts in Germany were bought out by Metro (Real). I guess Germans didn't like the American ways of working (no dating superior employees) and the customers didn't like other people bagging their things! Weird! Anyways Real was just like Walmart (minus baggers lol) except it didn't have an outdoor section for Matt...however it did have a HUGE bike and rollerblade section lol. But just like a true Walmart you could buy produce/meat AND tires in ONE store!! :-) Yes we were so excited. We went down every aisle hehehe
Today we went to church and while pulling up at exactly 9am we were wondering if church had been cancelled because no cars were there. When we got out of the car another man from church rolled down his car window and asked "Did you forget to set your clocks back too?" DANG!!! Today was Germany's daylight savings time. Whoops! So we killed an hour grabbing breakfast. After church Matt got packed up and I took him to the train station. He's going to Vilseck for the week for a HazMat class. No bueno :-( He's only been gone 3 hours and I've already cleaned the house spotless. Just waiting on the clothes to dry and then all the laundry will be done as well! I already miss him...
17:02
Keeley Barr

1 comments:
What an awesome day it sounds like! Our daylights savings is next week.. they reminded us today in church but like every year there will be those who show up.. like you ;-p I love and miss you and headed to look at the pictures now. I have just not been in a computer mood today..weird I know! Love you xoxo mommy
Post a Comment