Wednesday, December 23, 2009

1st OB Appt!

Yesterday we went to our first OB appointment at the hospital. My OB is the head OB at the largest hospital in the city. I chose this hospital over the nicer, newer hospital because this one has a NICU and full pediatric staff (just in case). My dr is the same that 2 friends have/are using and she speaks perfect english. Plus she's very nice and reassuring. She also lives in my village (small world)! Ok so the appointment. It was long. First a midwife (hebamme) took down my info and a urine test. Then after more waiting the dr did a PAP and other woman tests down there. Next she did a vaginal ultrasound. The first attempt was unsuccessful because my bladder was too full (even though I had peed 2x in that hour!) but then we got to see our "peanut with a pulse"!! She said everything looks good but the baby is too small for 7weeks. More than likely I am 6 weeks and a few days but she's not going to change my due date until I am a little farther along. The baby was 4.5mm and is on the left side of my heart shaped uterus. Yup you read right- heart shaped uterus. Apparently its not "normal" but not a problem. I have a septum down the middle of my uterus and the baby is in the left chamber but she said has he/she grows you won't even see the right chamber anymore and it won't be a problem. I also have a cist on my ovary but again she said this is normal. After the ultrasound she took some blood and issued my "Mutterpass" which is basically my medical records in regard to the pregnancy. They fill out all the information of every visit in this pass and its advised to carry it everywhere just in case. My next dr appointment is January 11. We don't know why so soon but if I get another ultrasound I'm not complaining ;-)

Overall it was very reassuring to see our baby and very exciting. I didn't cry like I thought I would and Matt just had this goofy grin the entire time! We could see the pulse but it's too early to hear it. Maybe next time!!


That's our Peanut with a Pulse!!


Not sure what this is? My ovaries??

That's Our Baby!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment