Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!!

Just told Grandpa Justin, Wella and Pop, and Aunt Kirs and Uncle Jake. I held up the ultrasound and someone asked "What is that?" and I think it was Kirsten who said "It's an ultrasound." Dad said "Keeley are you pregnant?!" And Wella just had her mouth open wide catching flies! After a delay (where Matt and I held our breath) we finally got the "OMG Congratulations!" and "That's the BEST Christmas present!" And apparently Poppy had a dream about 2 weeks ago about my getting pregnant- weird eh?

Merry Christmas and Frohe Weinachten- the Barr's are becoming Parents!!!

Tonight we told Grandma (Mary- she claimed the name. Thats what Mom and Suzette get for saying they've got 8 months to think of one!) ;-) and Uncle Cody and Uncle Colton. At first we were just chitchattin then I put Matt on the phone and he said "Hey Grandma!" And Mary said "Uh uh I better not be Grandma...am I a Grandma?" So I told her yup and then it was dead silent for a good 20 seconds (that felt like FOREVER!) We thought she'd had a stroke! Then we got a WHOLE BUNCH of "OH MY GOD"s every 10 seconds for about a minute or two. THEN we got the scream and congratulations and the laughter. She was sooooo excited. But honest- she is sad she won't be here and as she said she won't see me get fat (thanks alot Mare!) Then she claimed Grandma and asked about names. She couldn't wait for the boys to hear (they were out hunting). Later on Cody called us to say Merry Christmas and he asked Matt what he got and Matt told him "Blu ray player, football, softball glove, cologne, some movies, a pregnant wife" and there was silence. We thought he didn't hear but then we got the "What?! WHOOPIE!!!" LoL Uncle Cody LOVES babies :-) He was soo happy and now he REALLY thinks Matt's a stud haha. Apparently Colton overheard Mary telling Granny T on the phone so we couldn't surprise him but I heard he jumped up and down and squealed haha. I'm so mad Matt wouldn't let me wait and tell them on the webcam!! Oh well.

Today has been so much fun. Now all the family knows and they were all excited (or pretended to be haha). So that fear of them being angry is gone. I don't know why I was so worried. I've been married for almost 3 years, I'm a college graduate, Matt (and I) have good jobs and benefits...I guess my family still makes me feel like a kid lol...I think I was more scared that they'd be upset to not be around for the birth. And they are sad but not angry. Phew! Now I can't wait for my first trimester to be over with to make the announcement to EVERYONE (Facebook- haha).

0 comments:

Post a Comment