So I just literally took the test. About 10 minutes ago to be precise. I saw the plus sign and clamped my hand over my mouth and nearly threw up (which I've been fighting not to do all day). Then I just kept saying "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god" over and over. The dogs looked at me like I'm crazy. My first instinct was to call Matt of course but he is in WLC (Sgt. School)...plus I REALLY want to see his face when he hears the news. I'm thinking of wrapping the test up and giving it like a present on Christmas...if not the day he returns. I don't know if I can keep this a secret. Well after all that flashed through my mind I went to call Adri. As the best friend she is the next in line (well technically she comes first but for this matter- she's next in line). She didn't answer!! Then I tried to call Jen. SHE didn't answer. Next I cried for a few seconds. And thanked God. And thought- "omg am I ready??? I always talk about it, I've imagined soo many things, but now that there's a plus sign- am I ready?? Is Matt??? What was I thinking!!!" Then I thought: "what if I miscarry again? I can't handle that." Now I'm rambling. I don't want to tell anyone until Matt knows. And that won't be until the 18th at the earliest. Plus I need to see the Doctor. Like tomorrow.
(after the 1st paragraph I kept coming back and adding new thoughts. Not like I have anyone to discuss all this with- but now that all of you know- you will know exactly what was going through my head. Each new paragraph is another time I came back to add something)
Why did I take the test? Well I wasn't going to until tomorrow or Wednesday (when my period should have ended) but then I've just had this gut feeling, like I've NEVER had before, that I was pregnant (the beginning of Mother's Intuition?). So I recounted my calendar and what do you know but I should have ENDED my period yesterday but it never came. I recounted all my previous 3 periods and they were all exactly 28 days apart. Plus this last week my boobs have been SO sore to the slightest touch. And like I said earlier I've been fighting back naseau all day (like gritting my teeth to prevent it!) So with all of those factors and the fact that EVERYONE is either about to have a baby or just found out they're expecting (and Amanda W's facebook status really made me go hmmm maybe I should just take it...her status said she'll never forget Dec. 7 when that blue line showed up and now she has 2 miracle babies) well now I'LL never forget Dec. 7 either... Speaking of Amanda...what if its twins? OMG I would be so excstatic! Matt would die....
I went off the pill 3 months ago after I had missed 3 periods in a row and kept getting negative pregnancy tests. I was convinced I must be pregnant but all the tests said no- even the blood test. So my doctor wanted to do a blood work up on me to test all sorts of things- thyroid, hormones, etc but to get the best readings she said it would be best to be off the pill for at least 2 weeks before taking the blood work. After discussing it with Matt we decided to go ahead and go off the pill and just let things happen as they're supposed to. The bloodwork came back fine but since we had already had the pregnancy "scare" we had really started talking about it and planning it and it was somehting we both just really wanted. I know my family and Adri (who is family) are not happy to hear that but it was a decision that was only for my husband and my own. For the both of us this was good timing. I would be done with student teaching before a baby came and Matt is not expected to deploy until May 2012 (but may get out of that since we PCS in June 2012). Omg....how am I going to be a married single mom? Matt may be getting OUT in 2012 (or whenever his ETS date is)...I don't know about the single mom life. Granted thousands upon thousands of military wives do it all the time and if they can I can. Wow rambling again. I really wish my husband were home so I can talk to someone about this!!!!!!!!!
How am I going to tell people? There are so many people that would want to know "first"- how do you do it? It's not like "normal" families for me. I have 2 people who are my "Mom" plus I'm super close to BOTH grandmothers. And then there's Matt's mom! I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings :-( Maybe I just mail everyone the sonogram at exactly the same time?... AH! I shouldn't be worrying about this but I am.
OMG I'm going to have a baby in a foreign country. Someone PLEASE come be with me!! Nana, Mary, Wella, Mom...someone????
OMG I can't have caffenine anymore...well screw it I'm finishing my diet green tea I'm in teh middle of drinking...what am I going to DO in the mornings??? Coffee is my life. Is just one cup bad? Maybe just the smell of it will wake me up...but then halfway through the day when I'm crashing and I have a major headache that only a coke can cure- then what? Caffenine headaches are the WORST and they don't go away!!!
OMG I drank wine this weekend...
Yup just took another test (7:25pm). This time it was a Clear Blue Digital (first time it was EPT with a plus sign). Pregnant popped up just about as soon as the urine hit it. Hahaha just thought about Juno seeing the test "That little blue plus sign is so unholy"...well I think it's pretty dang holy. Scary as all get out but holy none the less. Lord give me strength...
WebMD.com says:
Week 4
Baby:Your baby is still very small, only about 0.014 inches to 0.04 inches in length. The embryo, probably in about its second week of development, has multiplied to about 150 cells. Your baby is being nourished by secretions from the uterine lining. Layers of cells already are specialized according to functions. The outer layer will become the nervous system, skin and hair; the inner layer will be the breathing and digestive organs; and the middle layer will become the skeleton, bones, cartilage, muscles, circulatory system, kidneys and sex organs.
Mom-to-be:You're probably expecting your period this week, and if it doesn't occur it might be one of the first signs that you're pregnant. You may also notice light spotting as the embryo implants itself in your uterus. You might not feel any different yet, but the amniotic cavity, which will be filled with fluid, and the placenta, which will bring oxygen and nutrients to nourish your baby, are forming in your uterus.
Tip for the Week:Try to eat healthfully, which means choosing a variety of foods from the recommended food groups and drinking at least six to eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day. But you don't really need to "eat for two." You need only an extra 300 calories per day during pregnancy. And don't worry if your food intake drops a little in the beginning because of morning sickness. If you've been eating right already, your baby will get what it needs.
What’s Happening Inside You?
As the fertilized egg grows, a water-tight sac forms around it, gradually filling with fluid. This is called the amniotic sac, and it helps cushion the growing embryo.
The placenta also develops. The placenta is a round, flat organ that transfers nutrients from the mother to the baby, and transfers wastes from the baby.
A primitive face takes form with large dark circles for eyes. The mouth, lower jaw, and throat are developing. Blood cells are taking shape, and circulation will begin.
By the end of the first month, your baby is about 1/4 inch long - smaller than a grain of rice!
I'll be going to buy "What to Expect" tomorrow...although I read it with both my mom's pregnancies and scimmed it when my stepmom was pregnant with my youngest brother. I think I'll get way more out of it now!
OMG I am going to get SO FAT! I know that sounds dumb but I've been so weight conscience my WHOLE life (literally- when I was 6 I refused to go out in my bathing suit because I thought I was "fat"),,, Skinny girls who get pregnant are cute. Fat girls who get pregnant are just fatter. :-( I hope people will know that I'm pregnant...and that they can actually FEEL the baby when I'm farther along...
(after the 1st paragraph I kept coming back and adding new thoughts. Not like I have anyone to discuss all this with- but now that all of you know- you will know exactly what was going through my head. Each new paragraph is another time I came back to add something)
Why did I take the test? Well I wasn't going to until tomorrow or Wednesday (when my period should have ended) but then I've just had this gut feeling, like I've NEVER had before, that I was pregnant (the beginning of Mother's Intuition?). So I recounted my calendar and what do you know but I should have ENDED my period yesterday but it never came. I recounted all my previous 3 periods and they were all exactly 28 days apart. Plus this last week my boobs have been SO sore to the slightest touch. And like I said earlier I've been fighting back naseau all day (like gritting my teeth to prevent it!) So with all of those factors and the fact that EVERYONE is either about to have a baby or just found out they're expecting (and Amanda W's facebook status really made me go hmmm maybe I should just take it...her status said she'll never forget Dec. 7 when that blue line showed up and now she has 2 miracle babies) well now I'LL never forget Dec. 7 either... Speaking of Amanda...what if its twins? OMG I would be so excstatic! Matt would die....
I went off the pill 3 months ago after I had missed 3 periods in a row and kept getting negative pregnancy tests. I was convinced I must be pregnant but all the tests said no- even the blood test. So my doctor wanted to do a blood work up on me to test all sorts of things- thyroid, hormones, etc but to get the best readings she said it would be best to be off the pill for at least 2 weeks before taking the blood work. After discussing it with Matt we decided to go ahead and go off the pill and just let things happen as they're supposed to. The bloodwork came back fine but since we had already had the pregnancy "scare" we had really started talking about it and planning it and it was somehting we both just really wanted. I know my family and Adri (who is family) are not happy to hear that but it was a decision that was only for my husband and my own. For the both of us this was good timing. I would be done with student teaching before a baby came and Matt is not expected to deploy until May 2012 (but may get out of that since we PCS in June 2012). Omg....how am I going to be a married single mom? Matt may be getting OUT in 2012 (or whenever his ETS date is)...I don't know about the single mom life. Granted thousands upon thousands of military wives do it all the time and if they can I can. Wow rambling again. I really wish my husband were home so I can talk to someone about this!!!!!!!!!
How am I going to tell people? There are so many people that would want to know "first"- how do you do it? It's not like "normal" families for me. I have 2 people who are my "Mom" plus I'm super close to BOTH grandmothers. And then there's Matt's mom! I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings :-( Maybe I just mail everyone the sonogram at exactly the same time?... AH! I shouldn't be worrying about this but I am.
OMG I'm going to have a baby in a foreign country. Someone PLEASE come be with me!! Nana, Mary, Wella, Mom...someone????
OMG I can't have caffenine anymore...well screw it I'm finishing my diet green tea I'm in teh middle of drinking...what am I going to DO in the mornings??? Coffee is my life. Is just one cup bad? Maybe just the smell of it will wake me up...but then halfway through the day when I'm crashing and I have a major headache that only a coke can cure- then what? Caffenine headaches are the WORST and they don't go away!!!
OMG I drank wine this weekend...
Yup just took another test (7:25pm). This time it was a Clear Blue Digital (first time it was EPT with a plus sign). Pregnant popped up just about as soon as the urine hit it. Hahaha just thought about Juno seeing the test "That little blue plus sign is so unholy"...well I think it's pretty dang holy. Scary as all get out but holy none the less. Lord give me strength...
WebMD.com says:
Week 4
Baby:Your baby is still very small, only about 0.014 inches to 0.04 inches in length. The embryo, probably in about its second week of development, has multiplied to about 150 cells. Your baby is being nourished by secretions from the uterine lining. Layers of cells already are specialized according to functions. The outer layer will become the nervous system, skin and hair; the inner layer will be the breathing and digestive organs; and the middle layer will become the skeleton, bones, cartilage, muscles, circulatory system, kidneys and sex organs.
Mom-to-be:You're probably expecting your period this week, and if it doesn't occur it might be one of the first signs that you're pregnant. You may also notice light spotting as the embryo implants itself in your uterus. You might not feel any different yet, but the amniotic cavity, which will be filled with fluid, and the placenta, which will bring oxygen and nutrients to nourish your baby, are forming in your uterus.
Tip for the Week:Try to eat healthfully, which means choosing a variety of foods from the recommended food groups and drinking at least six to eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day. But you don't really need to "eat for two." You need only an extra 300 calories per day during pregnancy. And don't worry if your food intake drops a little in the beginning because of morning sickness. If you've been eating right already, your baby will get what it needs.
What’s Happening Inside You?
As the fertilized egg grows, a water-tight sac forms around it, gradually filling with fluid. This is called the amniotic sac, and it helps cushion the growing embryo.
The placenta also develops. The placenta is a round, flat organ that transfers nutrients from the mother to the baby, and transfers wastes from the baby.
A primitive face takes form with large dark circles for eyes. The mouth, lower jaw, and throat are developing. Blood cells are taking shape, and circulation will begin.
By the end of the first month, your baby is about 1/4 inch long - smaller than a grain of rice!
I'll be going to buy "What to Expect" tomorrow...although I read it with both my mom's pregnancies and scimmed it when my stepmom was pregnant with my youngest brother. I think I'll get way more out of it now!
OMG I am going to get SO FAT! I know that sounds dumb but I've been so weight conscience my WHOLE life (literally- when I was 6 I refused to go out in my bathing suit because I thought I was "fat"),,, Skinny girls who get pregnant are cute. Fat girls who get pregnant are just fatter. :-( I hope people will know that I'm pregnant...and that they can actually FEEL the baby when I'm farther along...
17:36
Keeley Barr

0 comments:
Post a Comment